2012: No Killer Solar Flare
Written by Ian O’Neill
Could a solar flare destroy the Earth in 2012?
We could be in for a huge firework display in 2012. The Sun will be approaching the peak of its 11-year cycle, called “solar maximum”, so we can expect a lot of solar activity. Some predictions put the solar maximum of Solar Cycle 24 even more energetic than the last solar maximum in 2002-2003 (remember all those record breaking X-class flares?). Solar physicists are already getting excited about this next cycle and new prediction methods are being put to good use. But should we be worried?
Related 2012 articles:
* 2012: No Geomagnetic Reversal (posted October 3rd 2008)
* 2012: No Killer Solar Flare (posted June 21st 2008)
* 2012: Planet X Is Not Nibiru (posted June 19th 2008)
* 2012: No Planet X (posted May 25th 2008)
* No Doomsday in 2012 (posted May 19th 2008)